Q & A Session with Carpé National Sales Director Matthew Klein




Q: What do you do on a day to day basis?
A: Everything and anything that needs to be done for our business. Usually it involves project management, sales appointments, and anything in between......



Q: What led you to a career in fashion?
A: Since I was young, I have always had an itch for clothing and always wanted to carve out my own niche......


Q: What is your basic style mantra?
A: I definitely am a firm believer in form follows function. Also don't stray too far away from what works, it works for a reason, so taking something that has always been a staple and adding your own twist or flair is the best type of fashion in my eyes........"Reinventing classic tradition with a modern twist".



Q: Do you have any previous experiences that led you to where you are
today?
A:Honestly, my environment. You are a product of your environment and where you fit in........that really pushed me to get where I am today.......that and the passing of my father, he was my biggest hero and mentor, and gives me the strength to persevere.



Q: What’s your favorite thing about your job?
A: Seeing something you have created come to life. I love to walk into Saks, or Fred Segal and see something we have worked on being sold. That was always my dream since we started.........



Q: What is your favorite piece of clothing from Carpé?
A: I love Carpé’s Rugbys. They are 100 percent my favorite pieces in the collection; fun and energetic with a classic feel.



Q: Where do you see Carpé going in the future?
A: Carpé has the ability to be something truly amazing. It’s so classic Americana, I mean it could really grow into something great. I see it as a lifestyle brand with free standing flag ship stores.

0 comments:

Post a Comment